Well, last week was not at all what I expected. I was out all week battling a kidney stone. So far it is winning, but God’s got this, and in the end, it will be destroyed.
As I was home, I had time to think about how we are continuing to reach out and minister to our churches, conferences and regions.
- Our work in helping churches become healthier continues to broaden as more churches are looking into participating with Natural Church Development. Justin Nash left yesterday to meet with a conference on a possible church plant opportunity.
- Jeff Walsh is down in Orlando working with Reliant to learn how we can get more missionaries on the fields in underserved areas of the world.
- Matt and Beth Larkin are both at Camp Dixie. Matt is training summer ministry teams and Beth is making contacts in the area for Women’s ministry.
- Dawn Rutan has been back in the office for a week following her sabbatical. She is slowly working her way out of the piles that built up while she was out. Her absence sure made us appreciate her and realize all the things we take for granted that she does so well!
- I’m continuing to work in the area of Home Missions with our consultant, Lee Stephenson. It’s exciting to begin working through the results of our three-day session with Lee and some key leaders. You will be hearing more about the plan and opportunities for churches, conferences and regions to join in the movement of church planting in North America – specifically in areas where people are not being served sufficiently with the gospel.
The most exciting development in our ongoing strategic plan is the planned launch of field offices around North America with major purposes to develop “emerging leaders” for ministry in the Advent Christian Church. Next week, I will share more about this and the opportunities this will open for emerging leaders of all ages to receive training, mentoring and education to prepare for ministry opportunities.
Please be in prayer for our directors and staff as they travel and minister around our denomination and for the ongoing developments with our strategic plan.