Eastern North Carolina Conference Scholarship Fund
Eastern North Carolina Conference
Scholarships will be granted up to the amount of $500 per semester, not to exceed $1,000 per student. Scholarship award checks will be made out to the institution, then distributed to the student.
Scholarship Purpose & Description
Assistance to members of the conference who desire a degree in higher education for vocational Christian ministry.
Students in the Eastern North Carolina Conference
Qualifications & Eligibility Requirements
- Students from ENC Conference preparing for vocational ministry at a college, Bible Institute, institution of higher learning, or a course of study approved by the ENC Scholarship Committee.
- Christian ministry is defined as pastors, youth ministers, music ministers or worship leaders, missionaries, Christian education directors, or other vocational ministry positions.
- Fill out an application.
- Letter of testimony and evidence of call (first-time applicants).
- Pastoral or ministry recommendation from local ENC AC church or work where applicant is actively involved (one per year).
- Teacher/Professor’s letter of recommendation (one per year).
- Recommendations made by the Scholarship Committee for final approval by the Executive Board.
- Students reapplying for additional semester: fill out first two sections of the application.
Application Deadlines (If Applicable)
July 1, December 1, April 1
Repayment Information (If Applicable)
No repayment required. The recipient who graduates and becomes gainfully employed and desired to help others as they have been, is encouraged to contribute to the fund.