AUGUST PRAYER FOCUS: AGAPE HOUSE MINISTRIES WORLDWIDE
September Prayer Focus: Cristo Salva, HONDURAS
2018 Ministry Highlights
Cristo Salva continues to be a ministry of encouragement to the people of Honduras. The ministry plans four ministry trips a year into Honduras providing outreach to children and families living in extreme poverty seeking to assist in their physical and educational needs while providing outreach to local churches to further the work of God’s Kingdom. Cristo Salva gives praise to the Lord Jesus for His continued favor for 27 years.
- Pastor Ray Marco – Ministry Director
Below are some of this year’s (Jan. – July, 2018) ministry highlights in Santa Barbara, Honduras:
- Forty-seven people accepted Christ as their Savior.
- Seven students accepted Christ at a youth rally.
- Four hundred forty-one patients were treated medically in the clinic and mobile clinic.
- Three hundred lbs. of food were distributed.
- Seven hundred lbs. of clothing were distributed.
- Seventeen accepted Christ as Savior.
- Seven students accepted Christ at the youth rally.
- One hundred twenty-five patients were treated in the Cristo Salva Clinic.
- Two hundred children received fluoride treatment.
- Nine hundred lbs. of clothing were distributed.
- Two hundred and fifty lbs. of food were distributed.
- Fourteen accepted Christ as Savior.
- Twelve students accepted Christ in the youth rally.
- Twelve students rededicated their lives to the Lord.
- Eight hundred lbs. of clothing were distributed.
- Two hundred fifty lbs. of food were distributed.
Cristo Salva now has 330 students in the 2017-2018 Student Sponsorship Program. In January, they began holding a mandatory rally on Friday afternoons for the junior and senior high students. Twenty-six students have accepted Christ in those events since January.
In July, Melvin Corea, a resident of Pinelejo, Honduras, became their new Student Program Director in Honduras. Melvin has volunteered for over five years and has produced the video for the program for the past couple of years. Melvin will be in contact with each student, obtaining their information and photos, keeping track of them throughout the year, visiting in their homes periodically and checking-in at their respective schools for updates on their grades. He will coordinate the distribution of supplies and uniforms in January. Cristo Salva is excited to have our first local director on staff. Melvin is very organized and energetic, but most of all, his love for the Lord Jesus is evident in everything he does.
Stateside, Pastor Ron and Jan Thomas will be the new administrators of the school program taking over the administrative duties from Pastor Travis and Angela Hutcheson. We are excited to welcome Pastor Ron and Jan on board to tackle the administration of the sponsors and the accounting side of things. We would also like to thank Pastor Travis and Angela for their many years of hard work. We look forward to Pastor Travis continuing to work as an advisor with the program.
Pray with us:
- For School Sponsorship Program and for the new directors of the program, both in Honduras (Melvin Corea) and in the U.S. (Ron and Jan Thomas)
- For the youth rallies being held each quarter in Macuelizo that the young people making decisions for Christ will follow through and be placed in churches where they can be discipled.
- That the local Honduran folks would be able to find work.
- For provisions for upgraded dental equipment in the clinic and a mobile dental unit for outreach into mountain villages.
- For sponsors for the children’s feeding program in Laguna Verde where one meal a day (five days a week) is provided for 150 very poor children.
- For Bibles and Sunday school material.
- For ministry team members who are willing to step out in faith and serve with us four times a year for two-week mission trips into Honduras. (January/April/July/October). Waiting for medical treatment
- For Pastor Ray and his wife Ledy and the other ministry staff as they seek to do His will in Honduras.
- For support for food and clothing distributions.
- Praise the Lord for 27 years of ministry in Honduras and pray that this ministry will continue to flourish.