On Friday, May 11, the Fellowship Church WHFMS sponsored a Mother-Daughter Girls’ Night Out event. The event theme was “Timeless Women” and many ladies arrived wearing their little black dresses, pearls and red lipstick! Palma Neal was the keynote speaker of the program, highlighting timeless women of the Bible and how spending time with Jesus is the most timeless and important thing of all. This year’s event was organized by sisters Emily Hewitt and Anna White and raised $283 in donations for Penny Crusade.
HONDURAS – CRISTO SALVA
The Department of International Missions received “a note of thanks” from Pastor Ray Marco, ministry leader of Cristo Salva, on May 15, 2018. Pastor Marco expresses his sincere gratitude for the gifts that are making a difference in feeding the hungry in Honduras.
The gifts that Pastor Marco refers to in his note are the support that he receives quarterly through our 2018 Bread of Life program. A big thanks to all our AC churches, WHFMS, mission groups and individuals for supporting this program.
INDIA – Yesuway Jeevan Mission Ministry Partner in Odisha
Pastor Pani holds an infant dedication.
We had a newborn dedication in our Church. We did a special prayer for the child and dedicated the baby for the Lord.
INDIA – Fellowship of Blessed Hope Church
In November of last year, it was reported under the headline “Fellowship of Blessed Hope AC Churches ‘captured’ by ‘rebel’ pastors returned to FBHC control” as follows:
The Yesuway Jeevan Mission team is rejoicing that by God’s grace and the continuing, quiet consultation by our Mission Manager Immanuel and FBHC President Rev. A. Jerald; and with the cooperation of the respective leaders and members of the congregations of two FBHC churches in the south of the Tamil Nadu State and some assistance from the local authorities, the churches at Kodaikanal and Periyakulam have now been restored to the control of the Fellowship. New pastors have been appointed and accepted by the congregations.
At Periyakulam, which is about 500 kilometers (approximately 311 miles) to the south-west of Chennai, Pastor T. Daniel, who was pastor of the church some years ago, has been re-installed as pastor, and he, his wife Jenimol and their three sons were welcomed to the church and consecrated to the Lord’s service by FBHC President Rev. A Jerald before the congregation of about 70 believers on Sunday, November 12. The congregation had recently put tremendous effort into cleaning and repainting the building, and a leadership committee to work with the pastor has been formed.
The Lord has already put his seal of approval on the ministry at Periyakulam, and the Holy Spirit has been working through the church’s ministries.
There are now 35 families (90 members) attending the church, and in early February, Pastor T. Daniel Manasseh had the privilege of baptizing seven ladies and one man, following their public testimony to faith in Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
Pastor Joseph reports to us on his recent outreach trip to Shan State:
We started our outreach trip to Shan State on April 10, 2018 and it ended on April 29, 2018. I am excited to report to you about how the Lord God is moving on unreached people groups of Akham, Lahu, Shan, Burma and Emh. Our trip was blessed with fruits by God.
• We traveled to Shan State by air, then by car and motorcycle, and finally, we walked where the motorcycles could not go.
• We preached the Word of God from house to house, and after that, we preached from village to village.
• By God’s power we reached the Akham, Lahu and Ehm people for the Lord. We were very blessed with the hunger and thirst of these people for the Word of God.
Praise the Lord with us:
• Preached the gospel in eight Lahu villages and one Akham village.
• Distributed secondhand clothing and medicine.
• Preached the gospel to 15 Lahu people.
• One child received healing by the power of the Holy Ghost.
• Preached the gospel to 69 Lahu people.
• Prayed and cast out demons from a woman in the name of Jesus.
• People from the village said that she would have died soon, but God is a healer.
• Preached the gospel to 43 Lahu people.
• Preached the gospel to 33 Lahu people.
• Preached the gospel to 33 Ehm people.
• Shared the gospel to those who did not want to hear it. While cutting their hair, we shared the love of God.
• Preached the gospel to 75 Lahu people.
• Shared the gospel to 11 Akham people.
• Preached the gospel to 17 Lahu people.
• Preached the gospel by prayer to Lahu village. They are so strong in believing in demons.
• Preached the gospel to eight people of Army family.
• Preached the new birth to those who have AIDS. They live hopeless. We encouraged them and pray for their healing.
• Preached the gospel to 14 Lahu people.
Some religious leaders did not allow us to preach the gospel where it is so needed. They hated us.
We witnessed to people who have not heard any news of Christ and have not heard his Word. These people were found everywhere and in every village.
The Word Mission was a vital witness of Christ’s love to the entire people of Akham, Lahu and Ehm. Your support allows us to continue our work in Myanmar, to stand up and speak out for the unreached people and to meet urgent humanitarian needs among the poor, unreached people living in Myanmar. Thank you!