Retiring President Leith Anderson
The National Association of Evangelicals (NAE) held their fall board meetings at Bethel University in St. Paul, Minn. last week. Leadership from over 150 association members were eligible to attend. On Wednesday, Bethel hosted a presentation with 10 speakers who discussed sexual harassment in the church and in other Christian organizations. The topics included:
- biblical history of positive and negative relationships between Jews and Christians,
- insurance and court lawyers who deal with cases involving victims and accused perpetrators of sexual harassment,
- messages from denominational leaders who have prepared for and struggled through harassment cases in their churches,
- a word from a senior pastor who has dealt with issues in the church.
Dr. Cynthia Lee
AGAPE HOUSE (MATI, PHILIPPINES)
Dr. Cynthia Lee from Dunn, N.C. returned home safely on Tuesday (October 22) from the Philippines. While there, she conducted clinics in the following locations:
- Mati October 12-13 (medical missions)
- Bukidnon October 15 (preparations and meetings)
- Salumayag October 16 (medical missions)
- Cagayan de Oro October 18 (medical missions for PACCI and OBC)
- Claveria October 19 (last medical mission and attended worship service at Maranatha Bible Church.)
ACGC sets aside one Sunday each year to highlight the ministry of the Berkshire Institute for Christian Studies (BICS). This year, on October 27, 2019, BICS is asking churches to consider using this opportunity to share about the impact of our program and to consider partnering with us in our efforts to disciple young adults. To find out more about how you can celebrate BICS Sunday, check out our website at www.berkshireinstitute.org/bics-sunday. There you can download or request copies of a bulletin insert, media files and additional information. Thank you for your continued partnership with BICS.
INTERNATIONAL MISSIONS FIRST AMBASSADOR TRIP
On October 17, the first International Missions Ambassador Team, led by Africa Area Director Bryce Whiting, left for Liberia. Ambassador team members (Rev. Paul Kneeland, Rev. John O. Jones, Rev. John Walsh, Miss Chelsea Date, Mr. Chase Bradley and Ms. Emily Pires) left to experience firsthand African culture and a taste of what God is doing and has planned for our Liberia AC Conference. The team will have the opportunity to share their experience of ministry in Liberia with their church members, friends and families.
Vernon Homes and Nursing Home
This week, I traveled up to Vernon, Vt. to participate in Advent Christian Retirement Communities (ACRC) board meetings at Vernon Homes. ACRC consists of two communities: Vernon Homes, which includes Vernon Advent Christian Homes Assisted Living, Vernon Birches Apartments and Vernon Green Nursing Home, as well as Meeting House Village Apartments in Kittery, Maine, which host both the North and South Campuses. Larry Knowles is President of ACRC and Executive Director of Meeting House Village and Brad Ellis is Executive Director of Vernon AC Homes. Vernon Homes has been caring for retirees since 1920 and is striving to meet the changing needs of seniors in our current society.