News from our Latin America Area Director John Gilbert
Feliz Navidad y Prospero Nuevo Año from Mexico and Honduras and a joyeux Noel et bonne année from Haiti.
Mexico AC Conference
The activities of last year ended in Mexico with a dinner for the pastors and their families. It was held in Conference President Javier Cota’s church. The ladies of the church did a beautiful job preparing the tables and food. It was traditional food for “Navidad” here in Mexico (pictured below).
There were nine pastors’ families in attendance with overall participation of 45 people in addition to myself.
Haiti AC Conference
The Vernon, Vt., church is moving forward on its plans for the first ACGC mission trip to Haiti. The Advent Christian Conference of Haiti (ACCH) affiliated with the ACGC in the last triennial meeting. Please keep the leadership in prayer as they plan. They will be going to the area of Fort Liberate in the Northern part of Haiti to begin the process of securing and building on land recently purchased by ACCH.
Cristo Salva – Honduras
Cristo Salva still has a few opening for the January trip. I’ve included the following summary of last year to give you an idea of what you can be a part of if you chose to serve as a short-term missionary with Cristo Salva. We would like to thank you for your continued support of our Ministry of Encouragement to the people of Honduras. We have been able to accomplish so much for the kingdom in 2015 through the support of believers all over the United States. Here are just some of the statistics:
• There are 330 students who are able to attend school through sponsorship. We also provided school kits to every student in Las Varas (more than 180) and a small elementary school (60).
• Funds were provided to construct a church building, and we have partnered with Iglesia El Sinai to provide a full time pastor in the mountain village of Las Pilas.
• We have provided the funds to feed 150 children five days a week in Laguna Verde.
• Public schools were helped: Laguna Verde – new roof on a kindergarten building and painted the interior and exterior, replacement seats and tops on desks in the elementary school; Las Pilas – bathroom sink; Green Wells – new fans and wiring for the classrooms. We have also provided teacher supplies to many local teachers.
• Clothing and shoes were distributed to more than 800 people and more than 1,500 pounds of food to needy families.
• More than 1,000 people were served through our medical clinic and mobile clinics and 237 in the dental clinics. We have provided pallet loads of medicine, vitamins and medical supplies.
• We have provided Sunday school materials, Bibles and supplies to many churches.
Behind these numbers are the countless number of team members who have been blessed by the ministry of Cristo Salva. Their lives have been changed by serving and discipling the Honduran people; while watching them surrender their lives to Christ, experience prayer and healing, and as they continue to disciple the Honduran people according to Jesus’ command in Matthew 28:19.
As we continue to seek to serve the One we love and obey Him, we are prayerfully considering what he would have us do in 2016.
• There are a few programs that we would like to expand.
• There are an additional 50 children in desperate need of meals in Laguna Verde.
• We would also like to expand the school program to include 100 of the neediest children in Laguna Verde.
If the Lord touches your heart to help by going or financing, please contact Pastor Ray Marco at email@example.com or Carol Kline at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Bicycles for African Pastors
In October, 2014, the AC World Outreach office began a campaign for bicycles for our African pastors. After receiving many requests from our conference leaders for the need for bicycles to aid their pastors in their ministries, a special project was initiated to raise funds for 275 bicycles. It is with great joy and happiness that we can now say that we were able to meet this goal. With the assistance and support from many individuals, regional superintendents, WH&FMS, and from our AC churches we have provided these bicycles. The AC World Outreach office has already been given many letters of “thank you” from our AC pastors as they have shown much appreciation for these gifts. One older pastor commented that this was the first bike he had ever owned and gave thanks that he would no longer have to walk miles to get to his church.
Thanks to all of you who have joined with our AC World Outreach office and have made this project a success! May God’s blessings be upon our AC ministry and may many more hear his Word through the gifts that have been given to our African AC pastors.